Activities such as running and playing sports are great ways to stay fit, let off steam and make new friends. If you’re looking to stay fit in Accra, we highly recommend yoga. However, if it’s not for you, here are some fitness centers in Accra to consider.
Top 5 Fitness Centers in Accra
- Aviation Social Center: Aviation has definitely been a mainstay of Accra’s leisure scene for decades. In addition to having outdoor facilities such as a basketball court and two tennis courts, Aviation has a decent gym. Moreover, there are group classes include kickboxing, yoga, step aerobics, and African dance available. Aviation Social Center is located on the Airport By-pass road next to the Ministry of Defense. Phone : 0302 -780215 / 0302 -780279 / 0289512070
- Burma Camp Leisure Center: Burma Camp is the largest fitness center in Accra and boasts an Olympic-sized swimming pool. In addition to the pool, there is a gym as well as tennis, basketball and volley-ball, and soccer facilities. Moreover, there are early morning and evening aerobics classes available. Twenty cedis gives you access to all facilities except the gym for a day. Phone :028 992 1111 / 0244063333 / 0275688558
- Pulse Fitness Center: Pulse is a holistic fitness center that has instructors, physiotherapists, and weight management specialists. In addition Pulse offers monthly fitness assessments and classes. These include spinning, pilates, and kickboxing. Pulse has two locations: The World Trade Centre, Accra and Lizzy Sports Complex, East Legon. Registration at either branches gives access to both facilities! Phone : +233 302 519 675 +233 302 998 906
- Police Sports and Fitness Center (POSFC): POSFC is popular with policemen and civilians alike. The gym always has 2 very attentive instructors available in the mornings and evenings. Additionally POSFC also has a fairly large swimming pool and a tennis court with instructors available. POSFC is located behind the Police Headquarters on the Ring Road. Phone: 055 389 8978
- Pippa’s Health Center: Pippa’s is primarily a gym that offers an array of classes including weights and aerobics. Pippa’s also offers yoga, taekwondo, a beauty spa, and dance fitness classes. Passes are at a premium, but the array of options certainly makes it worth it. Pippa’s is located in Ringway Estates. Phone: 0302 22 44 88
Which of these fitness centers in Accra have you patronized? Let us know in the comments!